When it comes to deciding where to advertise online, a new name has been popping up along with the leaders, Facebook and Googe. Quora advertising just launched in June 2017, promises to be a good opportunity and option. Organic Quora marketing has been one of the best underdogs for a lot of smart marketers. Advertising provides revenue for commercial mediums which would otherwise need to be funded by the actual consumer of these mediums. So, we can see a major economic infrastructure based around advertising, in which the big companies fund and subsidize the commercial media by the way of advertisements.
People come to Quora to ask questions and read insightful answers. This includes people looking for reliable information about companies, their products, competitors and industry. Answering industry specific questions have helped a lot of people gain authority and build an influence for their business.
Here are seven good reasons to advertise on Quora and influence people during the consideration phase of their purchase process.
- Since 2009, Quora has been a platform for users to ask questions and get answers. The content of questions spans more than 400,000 topics from technology, psychology, sports, business, and more. Quora also features more than 40 million monthly US users that create and expand content daily. Considering how large their user base is, the newly offered Quora advertising feature is something marketers and other business owners should be taking advantage of.
- Quora reaches over 100million unique views every month. The heart of Quora is questions, and people often use the product when they are researching an important decision. As a result, advertisers can capture and audience in the consideration phase of a major decision and influence those people to use their own products and services. Quora is early in building products that can help advertisers reach these audiences. If there is a call to action that has worked effectively for an advertiser on another platform, Quora is open to adding it.
- Placement Ads will initially only be available on question pages on Quora. It is rolling out with three targeting options: topics, platform, and location.
Topics: One can think of topic targeting on Quora as broadly similar to contextual targeting. Questions related to a selected topic will be eligible for ad delivery. After a discussion about the campaign objectives and target audience, Quora works with the advertiser to select a set of topics that provide the best chance of reaching the target audience. Once selected, Quora provides a set of sample question pages where the ad may run, and an estimate of inventory volumes.
Device Platform: Quora’s usage is spread fairly evenly across desktop and mobile, which includes both mobile app and browser products. Ads can be targeted at mobile users, desktop users, or both. Quora offers the ability to split the campaign if the advertiser wishes to track performance at the platform level.
Location: Ads can be targeted at the country, state, city, or zip level
- Conversion Tracking. Quora provides an image pixel for each campaign for an advertiser to track a conversion event. If the advertiser sets one up, it will enable better optimization of ad delivery towards higher value audiences.
Pricing and Campaign Delivery In order to strike a balance between user experience and advertiser experience, campaign pricing is based on an auction and bidding system. As Quora wants to balance both the user and advertiser experience, they take into consideration multiple factors to determine an auction winner, such as an advertiser’s bid, ad quality and the estimated rate of actions that they think users will take on the ad. The amount the advertiser gets charged is the resulting winning CPC of each auction, which will be at or below the CPC bid.
Reporting Campaign Reporting is available using the Ads Manager tool, which gives users access to view performance at the campaign, ad set and ad level.
Payment Options The advertiser can pay by credit or debit card, or Quora can arrange to bill by monthly invoice.
- Creating new campaigns, ad sets and ads isn’t overly quick or efficient, but one feature that speeds up the process f is the Ad Import feature. The advertiser can give a name, that’s just used for internal purposes and then choose to import that ad into additional campaigns and ad set.
- Quora’s support team is responsive which shows that they will scale their ad support team the same way in the future. ZATO’s owner, Kirk, has also had great experiences chatting with Quora ad reps at conferences, and they are clearly devoted from the beginning to strong customer service. This is important and something that’s lacking in the self-serve ad industry. Quora’s showing us they not only care about their audience, but the advertiser’s user experience as well.
- Quora’s ad builder is super straightforward. Launching a campaign begins in Quora ads manager. It’s a lightweight interface that has far less setting options than marketers would see in Google AdWords or Bing Ads. It’s a hybrid of AdWords and Facebook. They took the best elements of each platform and smashed them together into an intuitive platform for marketers to create campaigns. All that is needed is just a headline sentence, a couple of body sentences, a landing page URL and a display URL and the ad is on.