Marketing a business can feel like an inconvenience and a waste of time if you do not achieve the desired ROI. A major factor that determines the success of your marketing strategy is where and how you market.
Here are the unmissable LinkedIn stats for every B2B marketer for 2021:
- At present, LinkedIn has more than 722 million members
- 61 million LinkedIn users are senior-level influencers and around 40 million are in decision making positions at their organizations
- LinkedIn is the most used platform among the Fortune 500 companies
- 87 million of the 2 billion millennials globally are on LinkedIn, among these 87 million millennial users, 11 million are in decision making roles
- As per LinkedIn’s internal data, there are 2.9 million groups on LinkedIn, including industry and interest communities, professional associations, and company and university alumni groups
- LinkedIn is one of the world’s top 10 fastest growing brands (BrandZ 2019)
- A Nielsen study dictates that brands are perceived as “more intelligent”, “more professional”, and “more respectable” when they advertise on LinkedIn
- 30 million companies are present on LinkedIn
- LinkedIn internal data revealed that sponsored messages have 2x higher open rates and 2x more engagement than traditional email.
- Additionally, post the launch of Events in early 2020, 6.3 million members have attended virtual events on the platform
- More than 50% of all social traffic to B2B websites and blogs comes from LinkedIn
Why should B2B marketers make LinkedIn their strategic priority right now?
LinkedIn is by far the most important platform to reach out to corporate buyers and connect with professionals, in general. The platform allows you to establish relationships, generate leads, conduct market research, and build strong communities.
Create awareness and enhance your reputation
With an ever-increasing user base, LinkedIn is the ideal platform for businesses to strengthen their online presence and network with resourceful professionals. The impressive group and personal communication features available on LinkedIn serve companies and individuals looking to improve their visibility and credibility well.
Thought Leadership and Influencer Marketing
Several LinkedIn features allow you to easily position yourself as a thought leader in a specific domain. If one aims to be a trusted advisor and mentor, this network is the most productive tool to share high-quality content, join LinkedIn communities. and improve your personal profile. Networking is the main pillar on which LinkedIn has been built, hence, it enables you to connect and engage with other influencers from a similar domain.
Generating leads and creating a sales pipeline
A combination of listening, scrutinizing, contributing, sharing, and networking leads to turning potential leads into customers. Networking with the right consumer and marketing to them via LinkedIn will help you increase sales. Respond to questions posed by your potential clients on LinkedIn. You can demonstrate your knowledge by answering these questions promptly. If your solution, in the form of a response to their question, is what your potential customers are looking for, they will reach out to you for business.
Brand and Content Performance Tracking
Once you start using LinkedIn for advertising, you are assigned a Campaign Manager. Using this tool, you can track the performance of the content you post and can check which form of content works best among your audience. Several metrics such as impressions, clicks, and engagement can also be viewed in the form of a graph to analyze better and to review your activity.
LinkedIn is a very powerful tool for networking, link building, and website traffic boosting. Like other social platforms, LinkedIn gives you the option to share content across multiple channels through an easy sharing button. You can put it as a status update, or in the LinkedIn communities and groups of which you are a part. Business-related content is more often shared via LinkedIn than Facebook.
The 700+ million LinkedIn users come from a wide array of professions, functions, career paths, interests, and locations around the globe. You can gather more information about any of these individuals from their profile pages, and reach them through the platform, if required.
Businesses have already started using LinkedIn and achieved remarkable marketing results. You can do the same. Figure out your LinkedIn marketing strategy and achieve your goals.