One of the high return marketing strategies that earn 50 folds of return on investment is email marketing. Although email marketing comes with a challenge of permission-based marketing, it is the most fruitful way of involving more users. In this technology-driven world, there are 290 billion emails sent out in a day! It is a must that our email should be unique to stand out in the crowd.
90% of adults have an email subscription and 74% of teenagers use email on a daily basis. In just a few years the numbers emails sent in a day will be doubled. This marketing strategy has been around for a while and it is the reason behind the success of Amazon, Barack Obama, and HubSpot.
Let us see in the section how to market your business or product effectively using the best email marketing strategies.
Hyper Personalised Emails
Every ₹100 spent on email marketing will be returned as ₹2000 as it can convert 40 times higher leads into sales rather than social media marketing. One of the best advantages of email marketing is that it can be personalized and targeted based on the recipient audience. Personalized emails make a sale 75% of the time because of the catchy and concerned content in the mail.
The following are some of the ways to personalized your emails:
- Make it truly personalized. Just by addressing the recipient with their names and entering directly into the marketing will be subtle.
- Based on the history of purchase made create an interest in the new subject.
- You can also suggest products and offers to the customers to create the hype and want of buying.
Amazon’s success in email marketing has increased 6x higher sales, says the study by Experian. Also, another study states that 16% of higher opening rates when the emails have personalized subject lines with names on them.
You can also gain the trust of the subscriber by using a real name and signature in the email. If the reply email is a real reply email, it creates more trust rather email@example.com.
Build an Email list
Be sure not to send the emails away to all of the subscribers. Build a list of email recipients who will be truly interested in the product. By having a proper email segmentation we could increase the opening rates to 30% higher rates. To create a goal-centric email listing consider the following points:
- Understand what you want to deliver your customer; is it a new product you are advertising or a discount offer you are promoting or just a newsletter of what is happening.
- Segment the email recipient based on the industry, geography, interests, gender, and age.
- Categories the buyers based on the sales cycle. You can have subtle marketing for early-stage buyers and for the stubborn buyer a high pitched marketing content.