A son’s first hero is his Dad as is a daughter’s first love. Father's Day was first celebrated in 1910 in Washington, in honour of a father, a civil war veteran, who raised his six kids all alone. Since then, with more and more people celebrating Father’s Day, it is a huge opportunity for a product or a brand to reach out to customers and clients and offer them an incentive to come to their store or website and make a purchase. A gift-giving holiday that can be used for businesses of all types to use creative father’s day marketing ideas to stimulate sales and boost profits!
Interestingly, Father’s Day campaigns are unique as they bring out a more human side to the business and connect with consumers on a personal level. Creating marketing messages that are less about product promotion and more about showing gratitude to the important people in our lives is a way to not only show compassion, but to build a rapport with target audiences. The ones that really resonate with consumers, both now and long-term, are those that focus on the real meaning of Father’s Day. Even brands that typically take a more lighthearted approach to marketing often set aside the norm for a more heartfelt message. These advertisements pull at our heartstrings, make us laugh, and, most importantly, relate to our lives. And if a brand can relate to its audience, the audience in turn is more likely to purchase from them.
The arrival of Father’s Day each year presents brands with a unique opportunity to tell many different stories, some from a Dad’s perspective, some from a child’s and honour them with some brilliant and moving Father’s day campaigns. Brands from across categories have joined the bandwagon yet again to woo the maximum number of consumers with their innovative and nostalgic ad campaigns. Let's have a look at some of this year's iconic Father's Day campaigns and what they say -
1. SBI Life Insurance - Papa ke khushiyon ke school main, saare unke rule main, sab friend's se zaada cool. #PapaHainNa We salute the naye zamaane ke papa!
2. Vodafone India - Father’s Day was never about letting the world know that your dad’s the best. It’s about letting him know he’s the best. Time to #LookUp
3. Nick India - He taught you the game, now teach him how to take time out to play.
This Father's Day make it a #DadsDayOut!
4. IndiaFirst Life Insurance - Our dad’s have not had it easy in life and therefore they have their own unique way of teaching us some important life lessons.
This #FathersDay we’ve got the perfect way to show your dad some love. Gift your dad the joy of a happy retirement. Click here to know how: https://goo.gl/Qlucnt
5. Bombay Shaving Company – Continuing to celebrate the wit and charm of our dear fathers - presenting #DadLogic Part 04. With a week to go until #FathersDay, now is the right time to get your dad a razor sharper than his wit. https://goo.gl/UBWoBP
6. Ola Cabs - Today, we celebrate the journey of a father!
Here's to all the amazing fathers and dads-to-be, a very Happy Father's Day. #FathersDay
7. Metro Shoes - They say, behind every successful man there is a woman. Only a few of us realize that behind most successful women, there’s a loving father. This Father’s Day, we at Metro Shoes are celebrating these wonder women and their supporting fathers. Stay tuned to our page as we bring to you wonderful stories from a few women speaking their hearts out about their journey and their doting fathers. #WonderWoman #AlwaysADaddysGirl
8. Bajaj Electricals Ltd. - What is the one thing that you would like to say to your dad today? Comment below and we’ll help you express it without saying a single word. #KoiBaatNahi #HappyFathersDay
9. Godrej Appliances - Remember all the times you turned to Dad to fix something? We do too! Here's a tribute to our FixItAlls - our Fathers! Happy Dad's Day! #DadFixedIt
11. Hero Motocop - Sitting behind dad holding on to him has always been reassuring. Here’s our tribute to all the fathers. Watch now. #PichliSeatPar #FathersDay
12. Imagica, India’s favourite family holiday destination, launched a first-of-its-kind partnership to support UNICEF India’s Super Dads, #EarlyMomentsMatter campaign on Friday.
As with any marketing campaign, Father’s Day marketing ideas that work must be interesting, unique and give customers a reason to pay attention with a clear message about what is being offered and an obvious call to action. With more than 90 countries celebrating Fathers’ Day, marketers, like any other occasion, wouldn't wish to miss out the opportunity when they can multiply their businesses by promoting the event and making the best out of it.
These ads are proof brands don’t have to have a self-centered mentality all the time to be successful. By taking a step back and creating a more relatable dialogue, they ultimately positioned themselves more positively in the minds of their customers.