Facebook Adds New Objectives For Click-to-WhatsApp Ads
Facebook has added features like traffic, conversions, page and post engagement as objectives for its Click-to-WhatsApp ads. WhatsApp ads are those ads that establish a WhatsApp conversation via the Facebook News Feed.
What Is It In For The Marketers
Facebook’s Click-to-WhatsApp ads offer advertisers and marketers a way to start a conversation with customers on its encrypted messaging app “WhatsApp”. The advertisements can be purchased via Facebook’s Ad Manager platform and display within any individual’s Facebook News Feed. Now, in addition to messages, Click-to-WhatsApp ad campaign objectives include traffic, conversions (for the site), page and post engagement.
Facebook has been planning to monetize its encrypted messaging application for quite some time now. In January 2018, the social media giant first launched a business app (called “WhatsApp For Business”) and business profiles for entrepreneurs using the WhatsApp messaging application. Facebook’s Click-to-WhatsApp ads started rolling out in the month of August this past year itself. It started with a pre-filled WhatsApp chat that allows users to send a direct message to the business or the company via the app itself.
How To Begin?
- Firstly download WhatsApp for Business for Android.
- Connect your own WhatsApp account to your FB page.
What To Do Next
- Create a company profile and provide your company information.
- Activate automated messages.
- Send alerts to your customers with important updates and information.
- View Insights (like how many messages have been sent, delivered and read by the users.)
How To Create Click To WhatsApp Ads From Facebook Ads Manager:
- Go To Ads Creation
- Select your objective. (Such as Messages, Traffic, Conversions (on your Website) and Post Engagement)
- In the “Message Destination” section, select WhatsApp
- Select your targeted audience, give a budget and schedule the campaign.
- In the Ad Setup segment, choose the images, text and headline to your ad
- Once you have overviewed your campaign’s settings, click on Confirm to create your ad.