If you are supporting the marketing team or running your own business, one thing you cannot live without is social media.
What started as a mere medium to connect with friends and family has become a platform for boosting your business exponentially. But what gives that boost? Content creators have done their work by grabbing the viewer’s attention, but what next? How do you know how impactful the campaign is and what needs to change?
Social Media Analytics
Social media analytics is a method of collecting performance data from various social media platforms, blogs, sites, etc., to evaluate and make future marketing decisions. It is not just about monitoring how much engagement the business was able to garner but also getting insight into your customer’s mind and behavior.
Social media marketing and social media analytics are like syrup and pancakes – they work the best together.
Studies say there are 4.33 billion social media users worldwide at the start of 2021, equating to more than 55 percent of the total global population.
That’s a lot! But are they using just one platform? No. And that is why every business, big or small, is present on multiple platforms. It is the need of the hour. Being present on numerous social media platforms helps the business gain more attention and convert that into sales. Still, it also leads to one major problem- making social media analysis a big headache.
Why are the Native Platform Analytics Not Enough?
They are good, but they are not enough. And here is why:
All social media platforms have some amount of analytics built into them, be it Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter analytics. They give you good insights, too, helping you track your traffic, analyze your growth rate, and tell you the number of consumers joining you constantly. And all that info put together enables you to understand where you need to place your efforts to increase your reach.
But let’s be honest, with multiple platforms to deal with, can you analyze the data accurately and efficiently by monitoring data on each of the platforms you are on?
Analyzing various native platforms can cost you time and money with different tools for different activities. The chances of errors caused are not negligible, and you definitely cannot forget the competitors. They all have access to the native tools just like you.
Instead of chasing and paying for various tools, why not opt for an easier and more effective alternative to be more actionable.
Social Media Analytics Tools
There are plenty of third-party analytics platforms that provide SMA tools, which save your time and help you compare aggregate results across social media platforms, and serve you in one place. It gives you options to customize each social network individually according to your needs.
Konnect Insights is one such powerful SMA tool that helps you leverage the power of data. The tool provides social listening, analytics, social CRM, and publishing.
As a dashboard-heavy tool, it allows you to analyze multiple aspects of your brand – positioning, reputation, influence, engagement, campaign performance, or even your brand’s customer response management. The tool automatically processes all the data to give you pre-configured dashboards and charts at the click of a button. It also allows you to create customized and publicly shareable dashboards and leverage its Business Intelligence features to derive intuitive and decision-driving insights.
Benefits Offered by SMA Tools Over Native Platform Analytics
- Performance data from each social media platform is available in one place with easy-to-understand yet comprehensive reports.
- Check how much traffic flows to your website from the social media channels.
- Monitor how much web traffic and conversions your social media channels and campaigns generate.
- Analyze brand sentiment and customer profiles in real-time.
- Advanced SMA tools by Konnect Insights enable you to track and analyze data from millions of other sources, including blogs, review sites, app stores (google & ios), third-party sources, and forums, and not just social media.
- Through Konnect Insights, you can even monitor conversations from millions of sources to track engagement, potential reach, emotions, and sentiment.
- Track how organic/paid social media efforts to impact your business goals and get recommendations on improving.
- Reliable data gathered on competitor’s performance helps you in setting your own social media performance benchmarks.
- Measure every metric (response time, inbound volume) related to customer care and monitor them to improve systematically.
- Track influencers’ key performance metrics to make the right decision and make the most of influencer marketing.
- Empower yourself to optimize content and engagement strategies constantly. It hands clarity to the marketing and PR team about the strong pillars and the loose ends.
Since the importance of social media platforms cannot be denied, one needs to be accurate with the data and the accuracy provided with social media analytics tools. It will work like magic and save your time, effort, and energy. With the correct use of the tools, your business goals can be achieved, whatever they may be.
Sherlock Holmes once said, “It is my business to know what other people don’t know." Be the Sherlock Holmes of your industry with all the knowledge and help of Konnect Insights’s effortless and amazing tools.